A. General objectives of Multigrade Teaching
· Create access to education for all children.
· Bring schools closer to communities.
· Overcome a shortage of teachers.
· Modernize teaching methods.
· Reduce drop-out and repeater rates.
· Increase the participation rate and literacy rates.
B. Manual objectives
· Use a number of planning strategies to organize your multigrade class.
· Develop a scheme of work from the syllabus.
· Develop a weekplan or a lesson plan based on a thematic intergated approach, including objectives found in the syllabus.
· Construct a timebtable for a multigrade class.
· Demonstrate a number of teaching methods which could be used in a multigrade classroom.
· Gather some assessment techniques.
Write down what your expectations are from this manual.